Originally posted 2016-03-08 12:57:27.
The moment you decide to use diet to lose weight, you start ticking off foods you should not eat. A diet does not only involve going over the foods you will avoid for a while but also looking at those foods for weight loss which will actually help you shed all the unwanted bulges. You might want to look at our list of weight loss superfoods before you head to the supermarket. We call them superfoods because they step into different roles – they curb your cravings, help you feel full longer, burn the fat and kick up your metabolism.
Foods For Weight Loss
1. Grapefruit: Half a grapefruit for breakfast or before a meal can help you lose upto 2 pounds a week. Due to its rich water content, it fills you up faster and prevents overeating. This citrus fruit also contains a compound that inhibits the function of insulin, the fat storing enzyme in the body. Certain medications do not allow you to eat the fruit or to have its juice. So, eat it only after consulting a doctor.
2. Yoghurt: Yoghurt is another of the superfoods you should eat if you want to trim your waistline. This dairy product contains protein, carbs and fat in the right amounts and hence won’t do you any harm. Go for Greek Yoghurt for the best weight loss results.
3. Apples: An apple a day keeps the pounds away. The fruit is rich in fiber. Eaten raw, it blunts the appetite and keeps a tab on your calorie intake. An apple makes a good on-the-go snack. Choose a whole fruit over juice and applesauce.
4. Avocados: It is not a pretty fruit, but a very healthy one though. This is the fruit you should eat if you want to make up your body’s requirement for fat. It contains healthy monounsaturated fats. The Oleic acid present in it also suppresses hunger.
5. Nuts: You can carry a handful of nuts – almonds, peanuts, pecans and walnuts – to snack on between meals. They contain healthy fats, protein and fiber. Nuts boost metabolism. At the same time, it creates a feeling of satiety. You can also add nuts to your salads.
6. Pears: Pears can supply 15% of your daily fiber intake. Do not skin the fruit for the fiber hides there.
7. Blueberries: All the members of the berry family are good for weight loss, but blueberries pip all of them. They are a powerhouse of antioxidants and phytonutrients. Their unique composition – high water content, high fiber content and low calorie content – make them a desirable alternative to sugary snacks. You can add a handful to your cereal bowl or eat them with yoghurt.
8. Eggs: Eggs are a great breakfast option because they are loaded with proteins. They take longer time to digest and thereby ensure that you eat less at later times in the day.
9. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a fabulous filling choice. It is packed with fiber. It contains complex carbohydrates that take a long time to digest. Thus, they prevent a sudden spike in blood sugar levels.
10. Salmon: After avocados, fatty-fish like Salmon keeps your heart healthy and your body fit by providing Omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids improve insulin sensitivity, build muscle and thereby keep the body’s fat burning mechanism chugging throughout the day.
11. Broccoli and Kale: In the group of green leafy vegetables, broccoli and kale are the richest sources of fiber, calcium, Vitamin A, C and K. They are often used in green smoothies for weight lost. You will be surprised to know that the number of calories needed to digest this vegetable is more than the number of calories it contains. Now, isn’t that good news?
12. Green Tea: This new variety of tea comes handy when it comes to trimming your waistline owing to the caffeine and Catechin compounds present in it. These compounds rev up metabolism and prompt the body to burn more calories.
13. Dark Chocolate: If you love chocolate, you have a reason to rejoice. Dark chocolate decreases the speed of digestion and keeps you feeling fuller for a longer period of time. You can eat a square or two of dark chocolate between meals.
14. Beans: Beans make it to our list of super foods for weight loss because of the protein, fiber, potassium and magnesium they contain. They are slow to digest. There are a variety of beans to choose from. You can eat black beans or kidney beans whichever you prefer. Another advantage is they are in expensive.
15. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is high in Medium Chain Triglycerides, which are fatty acids that are metabolized differently than most other fats, leading to beneficial effects on metabolism. eating it tends to increase energy expenditure (fat burning) compared to the same amount of calories from other fats. In one study, 15-30 grams (1 to 2 tablespoons) of medium chain fats per day increased energy expenditure by 5%, totaling about 120 calories per day!! This is like getting almost 10 % more energy!
When womens replace the fats they are eating with MCT fats (as in coconut oil), they burn more calories!! Don’t forget to share this article about Superfoods For Weight Loss with your friends using the social media icons.