Originally posted 2016-03-05 15:55:20.
Water is the basis of our life. You might make it to about 3 weeks or a month without food, but not more than 3 days without water. This is because about 60% – 65% of the human adult body is made up of water. Thus, water is very important to keep your body functioning at its optimum. It regulates the health of the digestive tract, boosts brainpower, enhances skin tone and flushes out toxins. As a matter of fact, you can also drink up to slim down. Taken quite by surprise?
Before you add one and one, it does not flush out the fat deposits. It works in rather discreet ways to slough off those ugly fat deposits leaving you with a figure to die for. Drinking water improves your body’s ability to burn fat. Your body needs a judicious amount of water to process calories. When it gets dehydrated, the metabolism becomes sluggish and therefore is not able to burn calories as effectively.
One study proved that individuals who drink at least 8 glasses of water daily burned more calories than their counterparts.
Another study highlighted that drinking a little more than 2 cups of water boosts the metabolic rate by almost 30% barely 10 minutes after drinking it. Also, drinking a glass or two of water before a meal will curb your appetite and keep you from overeating as the body fails to distinguish between hunger and thirst. So, you’ve got it clear now that water has a major role to play in you LOSING WEIGHT FAST.
For a person who has not been used to drinking a lot of water, drinking glass after glass suddenly can leave you feeling squeamish. There’s no need to worry because there are ways to work around it comfortably.
- Firstly, your goal should be 8 glasses of water per day (OR 2 LITERS). You can always start with less and then increase depending on how much of water you can tolerate.
- Secondly, measure 8 glasses (or whatever quantity you have decided to start out with) and bottle it. Place it at your work desk or a place you visit frequently. This way you will not forget to drink water. And, once it becomes a habit, your body will automatically give you signals that it is not getting enough water; you will notice your muscles start pulling.
- Try to drink cold water. The body firsts heats the ingested water before digesting it. The additional heating automatically calls for the burning of more calories. It doesn’t have to be close to freezing, but it should be cold.
- There are many vegetables and fruits too that can fulfill your fluid requirements because of their naturally high water content. They include cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, green cabbage, cauliflower, eggplant, spinach and carrots, oranges, watermelons, raspberries, pineapple, cranberries, raspberries, cherries, grapes.
- Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice to your glass of water. It makes plain water taste better. It provides the necessary nutrients and electrolytes needed to keep you energized while on a low calorie diet. The drink is also low calorie barely adding around 15 calories to your total intake. Finally, it makes up your body’s fluid requirements. Also, lemon juice is filled with vitamins and antioxidants, Vitamin C and will detoxify your body really soon.
- Limit your intake of black tea, coffee and alcohol as well as avoid smoking as they dehydrate the body.
So, from now on, drink at least 2 liters of water with lemon juice each day! Don’t forget to share this article about metabolism boosters with your friends using the social media icons.