Originally posted 2016-03-21 16:59:51.
You go to any corner of the world and you will be advised the same thing – that exercise must be included in your daily lifestyle.
Staying active does not only imply doing hard-backbreaking exercise. It simply means giving up your sedentary lifestyle in exchange for one that’s more activity filled. It could include doing simply things such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, cycling to the grocery store, walking your dog or simply doing some gardening on the weekends. The end goal is to make your body move as much as possible.
When it comes to conscious activity, it should be a mix of aerobic exercises and strength training exercises. 30 minutes of Aerobic exercises is a must because is maximizes fat loss in the body.
You can choose from exercises such as walking, cycling, skipping and swimming. Strength training exercises build muscles and prevent muscle atrophy. It is important to have a good amount of muscle mass around the body because it burns more calories by way of maintenance and upkeep than fat tissue.
SO, try to stay active as much as possible. Go for walks in the park, start some dancing lessons: a salsa class of 90 minutes burns out over 500 calories and if you take 3 per week, it is an average of 200 calories burned in 1 day.
So try to stay as active as possible. Even watching TV can be done on an indoor bicycle or listening to music can be done by walking in the park instead of laying in your bed.
Here’s what you must do to be considered as an active person:
- Walk to work; even if you live far away and you usually drive to work, take the bus and walk a few blocks.
- wash the dishes by hand instead of having them done with the wash machine
- walk to your favorite restaurant for your lunch or have it in the park
- vacuum your house twice every week
- climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator
- take dancing lessons 3 times per week, as this will make your blood moving
- Go for a 10 minutes jogging every evening with your friends. If it is cold outside, take some worm clothes.
If you follow all the tips described in here your metabolic rate should easily be around 2000 calories. That means that by doing these small changes in your life style, in a week you will lose 1 pound of fat and in a year, around 50 pounds of fat, almost without any effort.
You might say that you already knew all these and there is nothing new to you and you are probably right. However, are you doing any of these 6 principles? Are they a part of your life?